Matt and I had the opportunity to play 3 songs (Said So Much, Slammed, and Kaleidoscope [a Paul Nolley original]) to a very receptive audience. Kerry wowed me with her 'Veganomicon' Cookbook and Danielle whispered majestic movie titles into my ear.
With our respective notepads, writing utensils, and micro brews in hand we all jotted down notes of things to look up, read, or watch. Here was some of my noteworthy ones from the night-
- http://creativecommons.org/ - this was inspired by a discussion about the NPR special on Girl Talk creator Gregg Gillis and sampling - http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=131791011&m=131814648
(This isn't the exact segment that I listened to on Sunday but it's pretty interesting.)
- Jay-Z/Rhianna Illuminati video on Youtube (Discussion on conspiracy theories brought up this video)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqGJSLmwOrI
- No Impact Man- http://noimpactman.typepad.com/
- Rope- 1948 Alfred Hitchcock film about two men who plan the perfect murder. (James Stewart- what a hunk)
- Paul Thomas Anderson- American film director, screenwriter and producer. Films include There Will Be Blood, Punch-Drunk Love, Magnolia, Boogie Nights, etc.
- The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone
Also- CD's to purchase- The are great to listen to while blogging and finishing your morning coffee-
- KT Tunstall- Tiger Suit
- Elton John and Leon Russell- The Union
- Billy Bragg and Wilco- Mermaid Avenue Vol. II