Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Woooooooo Child.....

Wow. What a week so far! I feel like break was far too short, and find myself wondering what the hell I did with all of my time. 

I have enjoyed most of my classes. PreK-12 Sexuality Education and Psychology of Human Adjustment on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Group Composition, Ballet II and Music Labs on Mondays and Wednesdays with a sprinkle of Measurement and Evaluation for an online class have is filling out my Spring '11 schedule. I think that I will end up finding my Tuesday/Thursday classes the most enjoyable and my Monday/Wednesday class the most challenging.

In the down time that I do have I have been in the kitchen. Last night Matt and I made Spicy Tempeh Nori Rolls again. I tweaked the combination that makes up the "spicy tempeh" by adding a little smidge of soy sauce. After tasting, that is what made them purse-your-lips-and-kiss good. Combine that with home-mixed wasabi paste, and you have one tasty meal on your hands.
The veggies (green onion, avocado, and cucumber) for the rolls and 2 apple cider vinegar shots with OJ chasers.
Tonight, after a long day away from home, I wanted to try a new recipe. Baja Style Tempeh Tacos. Grill or fry up a little bit of tempeh after marinading for sometime (the marinade was a mixture of Corona, lime juice, crushed garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, peanut oil, and soy sauce. The marinade only called for 6 oz of Corona, so needless to say there was a lot left over from the 24 oz bottle that Matt and I got to drink. The fried tempeh went on top of a white corn tortilla, a lime creme (tofutti cream cheese [the original recipe calls for soy yogurt but the grocery store did not have any], lime juice, grapeseed oil, and fresh cilantro), and a homemade taco slaw (white cabbage, carrots, apple cider vinegar, jalapenos, and pepper). With a side of refried beans and blue corn tortilla chips, we had ourselves a vegan fiesta!

Baja Style Grilled [Fried] Tempeh Tacos
Tomorrow brings another crazy day of class and work, but Bubs is going to make venison burgers that my Dad gave to him and vegan burgers for me. Yum yum yum. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment